NEED MORE INFO?
Check out the list of Frequently Asked Questions listed below. If you still need more info, don't hesitate to let me know!
What is an engagement session?
- A great way for us to get to know each other and you to get some awesome images! The 3 of us (plus an assistant or two) will go to a location of your choice and spend an hour and a half talking and getting to know each other better. And we'll probably take a few pictures too :-) You will also get the high-res edited images and print rights from this session.
Can I book you for JUST an engagement session?
- Yes! Contact me and we can line it up. Engagement sessions are so much fun! If you decide to come back and book me for your wedding, I deduct the cost of the engagement session from the cost of the Collection of your choice.
General Wedding Info
How many weddings do you photograph each year?
Can I remove some of the things I don't want from your Collections?
- Over the past 5 years, I've offered multiple wedding packages at different price points. Most brides would go with the cheaper options because they want to save money, but the problem is that then you don't get a complete experience. If I'm only there for 6 hours, there are going to be lots of moments that I miss, and I don't want that to happen! From my professional experience with the brides I've worked with, I know that even the smallest collection I offer has everything you need. No Jedi mind tricks here; I just want to do everything I can to give you the best wedding photography experience possible!
Will Bryon be shooting our wedding, or another photographer?
- You get the real deal. Not just one of my padawans (although they are pretty good too).
How many images will I get?
- Each image will be carefully selected and individually edited. You will receive approximately 400-800 handcrafted, distinct images from your wedding.
Can we meet in person before booking?
- You bet! I meet one-on-one with all my wedding clients. Just shoot me your info through the contact link at the top of the page and we can meet for coffee (or tea, smoothies, ice cream or something else delicious)! If you don't live locally, we can chat via Skype, although I advise meeting in person at least once before the wedding day, whenever possible.
What are "print rights?"
- Exactly what they sound like! I retain ownership of the copyright to the images, but I give you access to the high-resolution images and a document that gives you the rights to print the images (for personal use) wherever and in whatever sizes you desire.
What can I do with my high-res digital files?
- Anything you want, except sell them for profit (stock photography or advertisement) or submit them to a magazine, blog or publication. Other than that, go nuts! Make as many prints in as many sizes as you want.
What if I want to order products through your site?
- I have a full range of small prints, albums, canvas prints and other products available for sale in my online store. Each order includes free economy shipping anywhere in the continental USA. This is a great way to avoid the hassle of downloading your files and ordering prints at a local store! All of my orders are fulfilled by professional print labs who use archival-grade inks and papers, so you can rest assured that your products will last for years and years without fading!
How far are you willing to travel?
- Pretty much anywhere. Traveling is awesome! We will travel anywhere (especially if it's Scotland). Let me know when and where your wedding, engagement or elopement will be, and I can create a custom quote including applicable costs like airfare, lodging, etc.
Style + Technical stuff
How would you categorize your style of photography?
- My preferred style of photography is captured by these terms: dramatic lighting, authentic emotion and thoughtful, cinematic composition. Of course, during the wedding day not EVERY image will be representative of all 3, but I am always striving to include these in my work. I really like to keep things fresh and try new techniques. I try to approach each wedding with a clean slate, letting myself be inspired by the elements that make your wedding unique: things like the story, venue, colors, season, lighting, etc.
What's it like to work with you on a wedding day?
- I think we have a lot of fun :-) I started out shooting events, so in many ways I'm more photojournalistic because I like to capture events as they happen, with little to no direct influence from me. I try to be a Ninja whenever possible, especially during the ceremony. During the portrait session, I get involved to help place and direct people. I like to capture authentic emotion, so I try to let couples interact with each other as naturally as possible.
Will we shoot in a studio?
- Probably not. I have experience with studio shooting, but for all my engagement sessions and, of course, weddings, I shoot in a non-studio environment. However, I am not a "natural light" photographer exclusively. I like to use some extra lighting whenever I can, especially as it begins to get dark.
What kind of equipment do you use?
- I shoot with 2 full-frame camera bodies, and also have a third backup camera. I have a variety of lenses that I shoot with depending on the situation, including mostly primes and a few zooms. I also love using off-camera lighting and will definitely be using these lights creatively at your wedding! I DO have backup camera bodies, lenses and lighting gear, so I'm ready in case something unexpected happens.
Do you backup our images?
- YES! After the wedding day, the RAW files get backed up to at least 2 different drives, one of which is a Drobo array (which means multiple hard drives store your data, and even if one of the drives fails, your data is still safe). After your images are completed, the edited JPEG files are uploaded to my website, where they stay pretty much forever. Did I photograph your wedding 5 years ago? I probably still have the files floating around somewhere :-)